� wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> \setupinteraction[state=start,focus=width,openaction=FitWidth]
>>

> Hello Hans,
> this works (but not in fullscreen mode).
> But "openaction=FitBH" does not work... :(
>
> I don't know, how it's done in LaTeX, but it has always worked during the
> last 5 years independently of the version of acroread.

hm, i wonder, since it's a bunch of conflicting specs; also, openaction has not
been around from the start of pdf (and got more robust later), and access to
the page object number in pdftex is pretty recent

as with many of such features, it has always been possible to cook up something
that workes for the latest pdftex and the latest viewer, but if one uses odl
and new docs/viewers intermixed there were always penalties. The same is true
for more features. Only with acrobat 5 pdf became a bit more stable

also keep in mind that context has chained annotation support as well as some
other features that make it tricky to use certain tricks; in the deiver files
you will find some workarounds, like adding quotes around destinations on order
to make sure that acrobat 3 does not ignore them - it simply assumed some funny
first char sort order in named destination, probably some optimization; or
special treatment or spaces or ...

other tricky areas are for instance widgets: context has always built the
datastructures needed, and i'm sure not every tex package does that, thereby
just depending on the recovery capabilities of acrobat (it indeed reconstructs
fields arrays at startup) but context could not depend on that because it
supports clones and copies of fields right from the start

similar weirdness happens (happened) with javascripts: the spec supported a
list of scripts, while viewers didn't; and then we don't even talk about
initialization ... so, again, it's no problem to get something working for a
certain version, but i always want to make sure that we are as backward
compatible as possible

or take special resources (related to plugins) .... keeps changing, never works
100% in the first release of a reader, so i more or less decided that, apart
from some playing around, its best to wait till N.0.2 or higher -)