Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When compiling a file in SciTE using F7, if the file, is already open in
> Adobe Acrobat, the compilation stops and asks for a new file name to write
> the PDF file to. I think the normal behavior would be to automatically
> close the current instance of the file in Acrobat and compile it again.
>
> Is there something wrong with my installation, or this is a bug?

Automatic re-opening of the file only works if you start by opening
the file from F7 (so that it is 'controlled' by texexec). This is a
known limitation in the Reader --that cannot re-read a file on its
own-- and windows --that uses a mandatory file locking mechanism--.

Texexec uses a pair of programs by Fabrice Popineau to make Acrobat
automatically close and reopen the document. But this only works if
it can control the file opening and closing from the start.

Cheers,
Taco