Karsten Heymann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after Patrick Gundlach convinced me at DANTE 2006 to switch the small
> scientific magazine project I'm currently working on for a client from
> LaTeX co ConTeXt, I'm now preparing a sample document for my client to
> convince him, and for that I need your help :)
>
> I've spent the last two weeks getting in touch wich context and I must
> say I'm really impressed, nice work!
>
> First challenge is that the document fonts are URW GaramondNo8 for the
> text and Bitstream Futura (really: Bitstream Geometric 211) for the
> headings. I managed quite easyly to install them with texfont and the
> instructions from the contextgarden wiki[1] and compile the sample
> document with either font family. But now I'm trying to (1) understand
> the typescript files and (2) build an own typescript putting those fonts
> together. This is what I have so far:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-ugm]
> \usetypescriptfile[type-bfu]
>
> \starttypescript [ifa][texnansi]
> \definetypeface [ifa] [rm] [serif] [garamond] [default]
> ~                [encoding=texnansi]
> \definetypeface [ifa] [ss] [sans] [futura] [default]
> ~                [encoding=texnansi]
> \definetypeface [ifa] [tt] [mono] [modern] [default]
> ~                [encoding=texnansi]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \usetypescript[ifa][texnansi]
> %\ifa
> \starttext
>
> \ss
> \input knuth
>
> \rm
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> (type-ugm.tex and type-bfu.tex are attached). What happens is: When I
> compile the file a is it is set in computer modern. To enable my fonts I
> have to comment out \starttypescript, \stoptypescript and \usetypescript
> and enable \ifa. How do I activate my fonts via a typescript.
you can use \setuptypescript[...], but best is to just use:

\setupbodyfont[ifa]

since the typescript mechanism is a layer on top of the more low level
traditional-texie font mechanism

so, you can have several typefaces alongside and switch between them; this is
one of the reasons that typefaces exist: they enable you to construct
combinations and use many of them in a document (mixed font families, math
styles, etc)