Hi,

can somebody explain to a complete newbie why entity &emdash; isn't
expanded out of the box?

(I use texexec -pdf document.tex for processing.)

> Here is the hint - needs to be wikified now ... -)

I can't resist to do so (that's why I need an explanation), cause as a
newbie I see the only weakness of the ConTeXt in the lack of documentation.

Well, there is a lot of it, maybe there is too much of it spread all
over the different places (that's why wiki is here), maybe I'm not
familiar enough with ConTeXt yet, but as a long term user of LaTeX I'm
still quite confused after a week or so of browsing through the
documentation, trying to find out how the things work and how they are
related. Well, it took some time to understand LaTeX, too. I would buy
the book mentioned here immediatelly.

These are not complaints, just another hint how to smooth starting with
ConTeXt. As I see the possibilities I become addicted ;) and I do
understand the developers have a lot of work with developing.

Would anybody who suggests the wikifying mind the proper place to put it
in the wiki, if known? Or I shouldn't care and the administators tide it
up occasionally. As a newbie I might not to think of writing to wiki,
but better something than nothing, right?

As the new one here, I can add some small examples as I learn and test
the things, what would be nice for the newcomers, if somebody
experienced would add to wiki an explanation of the documentations in
terms of user experience

1. "must read"
2. how the things work (texexec, etc.)
3. simple topics
4. advanced features

If I see the all-manuals page (http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man.pdf) I
really don't know where to start. All the titles look so interesting!
Such overview could postpone the temptation to seek for advanced topic
and subsequently get lost, as in my case. (Might be only my fault.)

Sorry for the desperade bigginer's notes, hope they help. To finish it
why I can't get these two (advanced) pages?

http://www.pragma-ade.com/makeres.html
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xcorresp.pdf_Serial_Letters

Looking forward to use ConTeXt,

Jano