> The real funny thing is if I take the file section1figs.tex that just
> gave the error described below, save it as junk.tex, then texexec
> junk, it compiles fine.

Maybe because of some left over file from last compilation. A rule of
thumb that I follow: Whenever something unexpected happens with
context mp interaction, texutil --purgeall to see if the problem
persists.

Careful if you have some *.mp files in the directory. They will be
wiped out by this. Then just use textutil --purge filename

Your files compile fine here.

Aditya

> On Apr 2, 2006, at 9:32 PM, David Arnold wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I have the strangest Metapost error. The attached file compiles with:
>>
>> texexec section1figs
>>
>> It compiles just fine. But if I take the last graphic in the file,
>> copy it (everything between last \startMPpage...\stopMPpage pair,
>> including \startMPpage ... \stopMPpage, then paste it at the end of
>> the file,  then I get this error:
>>
>> [10.1] [MP to PDF] (./section1figs-mpgraph.11) [11.1] [MP to PDF]
>> (./section1figs-mpgraph.12
>> ! Dimension too large.
>> <recently read> \onebasepoint
>>
>> \handleMPboundingbox ... \dimen 2 #5\onebasepoint
>>                                                   \xdef \MPyshift
>> {\the \dim...
>> l.2 %%BoundingBox: -63 -57 67 23594
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> <section1figs.tex>

Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008