[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> As I said, I work with the standalone distri?

the minimal or the complete windows version (including scite etc)
> And I thought, the binaries are from fptex, right?

sure
> And if both texexec.ini's are removed:
>
> texexec complains:
>
>   warning: texexec.ini not found, try 'texexec --verbose'
>
> (the same with texexec --verbose)

but that should normally be no problem

>> newtexexec.rb (which will replace texexec.pl) has no ini file but
>> uses
>> some heuristics to determine what environment it runs in

>> good
>>

> upps?
>
> texexec (without parameters)
>
> compiles cscite.bat! Why?

strange indeed

can you run "texmfstart texexec" and see what happens then

>> on windows: you need to associate the pl suffix to perl
>> on linux you need to make  texexec into a script (suffixless)
>>
>> on both you can best use texmfstart to launch the scripts since
>> that's
>> upward compatible (and in some respects this call is more clever);
>> if
>> needef you can create stubs with texmfstart (see manual)
>>

> This works!
>
> But next Problem:
>
> pdfetex can not find pk-fonts.
>
> I have written:
>
> PKFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/pk//
>
> in 'texmf.cnf'
>
> font-file lies in
>
> texmf-project/fonts/pk/ricoh/local/msl/msl50.pk
>
> what else can I do?

ok, that's another problem (once solved you know a bit about tex and fonts) ...
it looks like there is a problem with locating fonts ... what
font is that: msl50 ?

(the minimal distribution does not have such a font)