Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Could you - maybe - point me towards the more cumbersome 'official'
>> solution?
>
> See attached example.
>
> Cheers, taco

Taco,

With this preamble code
\unprotect

\def\bibauthoryearxref[#1]%
 {\ixbibauthoryear{#1}%
   {{\currentbibauthor}\bibalternative\c!inbetween
    \bibalternative\v!left{\currentbibyear}\bibalternative\v!right}
   {\bibalternative\c!pubsep{\currentbibauthor}\bibalternative\c!inbetween
    \bibalternative\v!left  {\currentbibyear}\bibalternative\v!right}

{\bibalternative\c!lastpubsep{\currentbibauthor}\bibalternative\c!inbetween
    \bibalternative\v!left      {\currentbibyear}\bibalternative\v!right}}

\setupcite
       [authoryearx]
       [\c!andtext={ and },
        \c!otherstext={ et al.},
        \c!pubsep={, },
        \c!lastpubsep={ and },
        \c!compress=\v!yes,
        \c!inbetween={, },
        \c!left={},
        \c!right={}]

\protect

I get the following error at compile time:
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \c!andtext
                      ={ and }
\xprocesscommaitem #1,#2->\if ,#1
                                 ,[EMAIL PROTECTED] \xprocesscommaitem \else
\if [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<argument> \c!andtext ={ and }, \c!otherstext
                                              ={ et al.}, \c!pubsep ={, },
\...

\xdogetparameters #1]->\xprocesscommaitem #1
                                            ,],[EMAIL PROTECTED]@
\next1 #1,->\dosetupcite {#1}
                             \doprocesscommaitem
\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
                                                  ]\relax \global \advance
\...
l.224         \c!right={}]

What am I doing wrong? Outdated ContTeXt/bib module?

Joh