On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, David Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> Why is it that the rest of the page after Answers on page 4 of the
>>> compiled pdf is blank?
>>
>> I have a similar problem. Attached is the (not so) minimal example
>> that I could prepare. (This is part of my way on mathalignment). See
>> the page break on page 2, while all the page is empty. Adding
>> \kern\zeropoint prevents the page break. But I find such an page break
>> very confusing.
>>
> btw, you need to patch core-mat.tex :
>
> \doif => \doifsomething
>
>   \doifsomething{\formulaparameter\c!margin}% so we test first
>     {\dosetleftskipadaption{\formulaparameter\c!margin}%
>      \edef\leftdisplaymargin{\the\leftskipadaption}}% overloaded
>
> it seems that this was never encountered

This doesn't seem to work. Changing line 303 of core-mat.tex \doif =>
\doifsomething and regenerating formats, does not change the output of
the test file. I still get the incorrect page breaking.

If I use the framedtext, then everything works fine. Something seems
to be going wrong with \startbackground \stopbackground.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008