Robert Engelhardt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new ConTeXt user (started using it a few days ago) and I do have
> three problems now with tables which I could not solve reading the manual
> and the content of the ConTeXt wiki. I've created a minimal example (see
> below) illustrating my problems:
>
> 1. How can create lines with different widths using the "\DL" command as
> I do with "\HL[<factor>]" oder "\VL[<factor>]"? This would, in my
> example, allow to align the "dummy<x>" text in the first table with the
> numbers <x> in the second table.
>
> 2. How can I create a carriage return in the text of a table cell?
> Neither "\crlf" nor "\\" do work (tried it with the "AAA" and "BBB" text
> in the first table to get them into the same cell.
>
> 3. How can I synchronize the height of the first two lines of the first
> table with those of the second table, no matter if there's a line between
> the rows (as in the second table, a thin one as in my example or even a
> fat one) or not (like in the first table which visually has a "big
> cell")? Can I create an "invisible line"? How do I line up the "BBB" with
> the "YYY / ZZZ" line? Or, another possibility, how do I control the rows
> independently, having the "BBB" in the first table very close to the
> "AAA", perhaps even three lines of text there, and at the same time only
> two rows of text in the second table? What about having only one line of
> text in the first table, vertically centered to the corresponding two
> rows of the second table?
>
> === [example] ===
>
> \starttext
> \define\bold{8}
> \startcombination[2*1]
> {\starttable[|c|]
> \HL[\bold]
> \VL[\bold] AAA \VL[\bold]\FR
> \VL BBB \VL\LR
> \HL[\bold]
> \VL dummy1 \VL\SR
> \HL
> \VL dummy2 \VL\SR
> \HL
> \VL dummy3 \VL\SR
> \HL[\bold]
> \VL dummy4 \VL\SR
> \HL
> \VL dummy5 \VL\SR
> \HL
> \VL dummy6 \VL\SR
> \HL[\bold]
> \VL dummy7 \VL\SR
> \HL
> \VL dummy8 \VL\SR
> \HL
> \VL dummy9 \VL\SR
> \HL[\bold]
> \stoptable}{}
> {\starttable[|c|cw(3cm)|]
> \HL[\bold]
> \VL[\bold] \use{2} XXX \VL[\bold]\FR
> \HL
> \VL YYY \VL[1] ZZZ \VL\LR
> \HL[\bold]
> \VL 1 \VL \VL \SR
> \DL\VL\DR
> \VL 2 \VL \VL \SR
> \DL\VL\DR
> \VL 3 \VL \VL \SR
> [...]

btw, redefining\bold is a bad idea, use \Bold (i.e. capitalize your
personal commands)

\starttext

\def\DummyLine {\VL
\blackrule[height=.5\linewidth,depth=.5\linewidth,width=0pt]     \VL \NR}
\def\DummyBoldT{\VL \blackrule[height=4\linewidth, depth=0\linewidth,
width=0pt] \VL \VL \NR}
\def\DummyBoldB{\VL \blackrule[height=0\linewidth, depth=3\linewidth,
width=0pt] \VL \VL \NR}

\define\bold{8}
\startcombination[2*1]
{\starttable[|c|]