On Apr 22, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> hm, can you send me your (small) test file?
>
> (make sure that at place time the same settings apply ! so either
> use \setupnote or also provide the setting sto \place...
>
> Hans

Actually, I'm reusing an old testfile you sent some time ago:

\starttext

\tracelinenotestrue

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
\setuplayout
[width=middle,height=middle,margin=1.5cm,footer=0pt,header=1cm]

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuptyping[option=color]

\definelinenote[extralinenote]
[rule=off,frame=off,framecolor=darkgreen,n=3]
\setupnote [linenote]     [rule=off,frame=off,framecolor=darkred,n=0]

\showframe

\startbuffer[test]
\doglobal\increment\DummyNumber % else dups due to reuse
\startlinenumbering[100]
test \linenote {oeps} test test test\linenote{second note which is
extremely long and confusing }\ test test test
test \startlinenote [well:\DummyNumber] {oeps} test test test test
test test
test \linenote {oeps} test test test test test test
test \extralinenote {oeps} test test test test test test
test \linenote {oeps} test test test test test test
test \extralinenote {oeps} test test test test test test
test \stoplinenote [well] test test test test test test
\stoplinenumbering
\stopbuffer

{\typebuffer[test] \getbuffer[test]} \page

\stoptext

Thomas