On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 12:15:40PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi all (esp. windows users),
>
> Last night I tried setting up a Win98SE for use with context
> using mswincontext.zip (I borrowed a laptop for bachotek, so
> I could not install linux on it ... ).
>
> It went terribly wrong. At first I thought it was just the
> shoddy Win98 install on that machine, but Olivier tells me
> he also had problems installing the latest mswincontext, so
> I hope another someone who uses Windows98 can testrun the
> installation.
>
> I got all sort of errors from command.com (syntax error,
> out of environment space, command not found, permission
> denied), and the wiki page is definately incomplete so I
> could not really debug. In the end, I basically gave up.

If 'out of environment space' is the root of the problem, then it
should be possible to specify a larger environment when starting up
a dos box.

In a distant past, I used to create specialized dos boxes for TeX
with a larger environment and the necessary environment variables.
This was for w95.

This comment may be way off-base since I haven't tried myself to
install mswincontext.

--
Siep Kroonenberg