Dear all,

I am trying to us \useURL and \from with mixed success to access a
local file so that it will be
opened by a helper program. Both the program and the file to be
opened by it
reside in my local file system. Here is a small example:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupinteraction
[state=start,color=blue]

\useURL[cycloids][{file://3dxm/cycloids.stng}][][3DXM]

\starttext

\inmargin{\from[cycloids]}
In this section, we study curves that are obtained by tracing a point
on a fixed circle while it is rolling  along another circle.

\stoptext

cycloids.stng is a file, that, when double-clicked, starts a program
it is associated with.
For trying, you can replace it by any other file that uses a special
application to go with.

Unfortunately, this *only* works with the pdf viewer in TeXShop (I am
on a Mac).
Preview doesn't do anything but beep, and Acrobat 6 offers a few
choices, none of which is to
open a helper application. Does anybody know if there is another way
of launching helper
applications when accessing documents?

Also, while at it: When accessing local files, the URL appears to be
absolute. Is there a way to use
URLs relative to the location of the PDF that is referencing the URL?

Thanks,

Matthias