On Tue, 9 May 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> ? wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand, it's still not centred...
> > Or do you mean, I have to put the typing into a box,
> > measure the width of the box, and then calculate the
> > right margin ((\textwidth - \typingwidth) / 2) ?
> >
> indeed this is teh only way since in typing each line is a par

Ok, this seems to work:

\def\startTypeMidaligned{%
  \dostartbuffer[typemidaligned][startTypeMidaligned][stopTypeMidaligned]}
\def\stopTypeMidaligned{\setuptyping[margin=0pt]%
  \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{%
    \framed[frame=off,offset=overlay,align=lohi]{\typebuffer[typemidaligned]}}%
  \setuptyping[margin=\dimexpr (\textwidth - \wd\scratchbox) / 2 \relax]%
  \typebuffer[typemidaligned]}
\starttext
\input tufte
\startTypeMidaligned
bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
\stopTypeMidaligned
\input tufte
\startTypeMidaligned
bla bla bla