Hi all,

I use a "complex" structure for my document (project, product, environment and components).

The project is allmost empty except for the environment and the product declarations.
The environment contains all my \usemodule, \setupstuff and fonts settings (I use texnansi because I can't have correct horizontal spaces in MetaUML with the EC encoding... and don't want bitmap fonts :) ).
The product obviously contains the project declaration, the \start-\stoptext and my components.

My question is: What's the best place to put french settings ?
For the moment, I have:

  \useregime[il9]
  \enableencoding[ffr]
  \mainlanguage[fr]

in my product but I have some VERY STRANGE problems with accentuated characters (I have tried before and after \startproduct...):

1.I have a custom title page defined in a t-title.tex module -> a ô results in 'ô while è and é are right (maybe a problem with texnansi but I don't think so)

2.
\setupheadertexts[][{\sl \getmarking[chapter]}]

  \startfrontmatter
    \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
    \setuppagenumber[number=1]
    \chapter{Table des matières}
    \placecontent[alternative=c,criterium=all,interaction=all,partnumber=no]
\stopfrontmatter

results in: Tables des Mati'ères in the header, the toc element and the chapter title... while other toc elements is ok (with accentuated characters)

3. same problems with \chapter within backmatter start/stop pair...

I must precise that I have the following error:
TeXUtil | fatal error in plugin processor MySynonyms (wrong argument type nil (expected Regexp))

I'm going nuts... :-!

Cheers,

Renaud