On Wed, 17 May 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Usually I get along well with cygwin. This is the first time that
>> cygwin has bitten me back.
>>
> i cannot test that because i don't want cygwin on my windows machine (i use
> gnu bin tools compiled for windows when i need something unix) - whenevr i
> need something that comes with cygwin, i just take the dll + the prog (say
> rsync) and put that in its own path
>
> Can it be that cygwin's profile has something tex in it? leftovers from a
> tetex installation?

cygwin has texinfo and I can not remove it because of dependencies. If
I remove cygwin from the path (and use native windows' ruby) context
works fine. I still have the old problem with metapost and windows'
ruby. texexec --mptex does not work correctly. However, when I wrap
the metapost examples in a \startstop MPpage in a tex file, they work
fine.

So, I have a working system though something is still wrong with the
rubies. Cygwin ruby processes metapost files correctly, but not tex
file. Windows ruby processes tex file correctly but not metapost. I
will stick to the windows ruby, and use metapost from inside a tex
file.

I think that I need to do a fresh install of windows. But that will
have to wait. At present context is working :)

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008