On 5/20/06, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> > Margin as the dimension parameter in \setuplayout is not the distance
> > between text and the border, but the width of "an auxiliary field" on
> > the left and right (chech the command above to see those fields).
>
> Thanks for pointing out my folly. I did some more digging in the
> ConTeXtgarden and came up with the following:
>
> \setuplayout[
>   topspace=1in, % the space at the very top of the page
>   backspace=1.5in,  % the space in the left hand side of the page
>   cutspace=1in, % the space on the right hand side of the page
>   bottomspace=1in,
>   footer=0in
> ]
>
> This gets me significantly closer to where I need to be, but the right edge
> is more at 15/16 than at 1 in and the bottom one more at 17/16.

How do you measure it? If I turn on the grid in Adobe Acrobat and use
6400% zoom, the lines are just there where they are supposed to be.
(Unless maybe the bottom line since you have to consider the depth of
that line as well.)

> Any hints on how to get it even closer?

Did you use width=fit and height=fit? They are not automatically applied.

Mojca