On May 23, 2006, at 11:05, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 5/21/06, Hans van der Meer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Since installing the last ConTeXt update I am aware of the message
>> from
>> texexec:
>>       warning : use 'texmfstart texexec' instead
>>
>> Good, I call:
>>       "texmfstart texexec --version" instead of "texexec --version"
>>
>> Result:
>>       -bash: texmfstart: command not found
>>
>> Is my system suddenly incomplete?
>> I am using Mac OS X 10.4.6, the most recent development I would
>> think.
>> What happened and how can I get to the level of system support
>> ConTeXt seems
>> to expect of me?
>
> I don't know how it is on Mac. Under windows I have a binary (cont-win
> on pragma download site), under Linux I create a file "texmfstart"
> with
>    ruby /path-to-tex/texmfstart.rb $*
> (or something similar)
>
> see also the new scripts/context/stubs/mac folder (I didn't check, I
> only suppose that it's there) if anything there can help you.
>
> Mojca

Putting the ruby script in the right path and giving it executing
permissions solved most of the problem.
However there is a warning message left:

TeXExec 5.4.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

               metapost : test-mpgraph
                 format : metafun
This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.3)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/web2c/natural.tcx)

         total run time : 0 seconds

                warning : use 'texmfstart texexec' instead
[MP to PDF]
(./test-mpgraph.1) (./test.tuo)

Since this message results from the internals of "texmfstart texexec"
it might be a leftover lonely "texexec" in the scripts. I tried to
find it, but could not find my way around the ruby scripts.

Hans van der Meer