Idris Samawi Hamid (15/06/2006 17:28) said:

> You could edit the cuni2oar otp (and recompile it) so that it
> ignores the ligatures you don't like, or you could put a kashidah
> between the two letters whose ligature you want to break. Better is to
> define an "empty" kashidah so that you can manually break the ligature
> without stretching the word. I'll look into this in the next few days
> (busy right now) if you remind me-)

Thanks very much for this, but unfortunately as an Arabic typesetting
novice I can't quite follow it (the comments on the ligatures came from
a proofreader). Am following this up via another route to try to better
understand what to do, but if you really did want a reminder about this
- here it is :-)

> Add \reversesectionnumberstrue to your Arabic definition:

Ah, great, perfect.

Now I have a follow-up to that one: I also would like figure and table
numbering to have the chapternumber in the right order and use - as a
separator. In other words, in English I use

\in{Figure}[figref0102]

to generate

"Figure 1.2"

and in Arabic I'd like to use

\in{رسم بياني }[figref0102]

to generate

"رسم بياني 1-2"

Any advice for that? (I had a search for other \reverse type commands
but no luck :-(

Many thanks again.

Duncan

PS. Apologies if the UTF-8 content there doesn't show up correctly.