Hans Hagen wrote:
> Nicolas Grilly wrote:
>> Vit,
>>
>> I just tried your solution, but it doesn't work: it adds space to the four
>> side of table cells. But I want to add space ONLY TO LEFT AND RIGHT, not to
>> top and bottom, like in the following illustration:
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>> |            My text            |
>> ---------------------------------
>>
> inside the cell
>
> \leftskip1em \rightskip\leftskip

Not to four sides but between columns. Rows distance is not affected.
But you are right it does not increase distance between text and cell
frame. Since natural tables uses \framed construct in each cell and
\framed has no 'before'/'after'/'hoffset'/'leftoffset'/'rightoffset' it
can not be simply set for whole natural table.

Solution?

a) quick:
      \bTD \hskip1cm Second movie \hskip2cm\null\eTD
    or with macro:
    \newdimen\lOffset \lOffset=1cm
    \newdimen\rOffset \rOffset=2cm
    \def\myNatTabCell#1{\bTD\hskip\lOffset#1\hskip\rOffset\null\eTD}
    \myNatTabCell{Second movie}

b) systematic
    create alternative \extframed with 'before', 'after', 'hoffset',
'leftoffset', 'rightoffset', 'voffset', 'topoffset', 'bottomoffset'
and add switches:
   \bTABLE[alternative=extframed,leftoffset=1cm,rightoffset=2cm]

Vit

Minimal example:
---------------------------------------
\starttext
\bTABLE[frame=on]
\bTR
     \bTH My Title \eTH
     \bTH Your title \eTH
\eTR
\bTR
     \bTD First try \eTD
     \bTD Second try \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
     \bTD First movie \eTD
     \bTD \hskip1cm Second movie \hskip2cm\null\eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE