On 28 juin 2006, at 19:25, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>Thanks for all the Mac-specifics. Can you plese put this on
>http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation?

Hi Mojca,

I did plant in the Garden the procedure for texmfstart:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation#Configuration_of_texmfstart

However I didn't know how to add nice (and useful) links to some
words, when necessary.

>For simplicity also create an executable file called "texexec" with
>the content similar to
>#!/bin/sh
>texmfstart texexec

I didn't get how to do this... Indeed I think (but probably I am
wrong...) even if one creates such a file and make it executable,
then, for scurity reasons, when Mac users copy it to their directory
the resulting file loses its executable bit. Since I am very limited
in the intrecacies of these security aspects if I understand what you
intend I'll add the file you suggest.
On the other hand are you sure one can replace "texexec" with a new
command created with the file you suggest? Is it not "dangerous"?

Thanks again for your help.
Best regards: OK