Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>>It works perfect except in a single case: \title{\molecule{SF_6}}
>>
>>I had seen that, but not yet bothered to fix it. Still, it is
>>fairly easy to change the macro, try the version below.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the spacing between F and 6.

> Didn't work in titles either (or I did something strange) :(
> But If I write a couple of explicit \lohi-s, it will still be OK.

Good, but it can be fixed, by changing the definition of
\domolecule to:

\def\domolecule#1%
   {\expandafter\scantokens\expandafter
         {\detokenize{#1\finishchem}}\egroup}

This re-tokenizes the argument (needed because it was grabbed
by \title already before \molecule had a chance to change the
catcodes.)

> I didn't really understand the \iffluor-part of the code ... but don't
> bother too much.

It is there to trigger a negative italic superscript correction
(TeX doesn't have a primitive for that :-))

> Thanks a lot for the trickery again (I'm still impressed by the
> \uppercase part),

That is actually a fairly standard trick, not something I invented

Greetings, Taco