On Jul 13, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After a fairly long list of betas, I have just uploaded a new
> release of the bibliographic module to contextgarden.net
>
> This release fixes three bugs that were still in beta 5:
>
> * removed two incorrect spaces from bibl-num.tex
> * reset the interaction "style" within \type{\cite}, so that
>    font  switches from \type{\setupcite} stay in effect
> * a guard is added against loading bbl files multiple times
>
> It should be included automatically in the next context release.
>
> Happy TeXing,
>
> Taco

Hi Taco,

thanks for the new version! I didn't have time to play with your
latest beta, but the new release appears to have a problem: numbered
references don't seem to work! I found an older post to the list by
Marten and I can confirm that it doesn't work. Here's a minimal test
file:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\usemodule[bib]

\setuppublications[refcommand=num,
                    numbering=yes
                    ]

\startpublication[k=austinhow,t=book,
a={{Austin}},y=1975a,
n=12,s=Aus75a]
\author[]{John~Langshaw}[J.~L.]{}{Austin}
\pubyear{1975\maybeyear{a}}
\title{How To Do Things with Words}
\city{Cambridge, MA}
\pubname{Harvard University Press}
\edition{2}
\stoppublication

\starttext

As can be seen in \cite[austinhow].

\page

\placepublications

\stoptext

If I change refcommand to author or other values, it works; with num
I get

publications    : warning: cite argument austinhow unknown on 108
references      : unknown reference [][0]

in my log file. Sorry, I don't know when this problem cropped up, but
I know that this used to work...

Best

Thomas