I'm CC-ing this checklist about making new (Russian) hyphenation
patterns work to the mailing list (also because a while ago I didn't
manage to make them work either).

Arkady Shraer wrote:
> Yes, I replaced files from previous mail. While texexec --make --all I
> saw, that lang-ru.* processed by ConTeXt. But in the log file (I
> attached the full log) I cannot see if the "ru" language is loaded.
>
> In the output file text just ragged right as before -- no hypenation.

OK, so once more a checklist for you. From the fact that you're a
gmail user too I can imagine that you also got the files "garbled"
just as I did (I mean: written inline instead of getting attachments
unless you downloaded your mail with some program):

0. not necessary [texmfstart] ctxtools --update
(although I had problems downloading the latest beta)

1. check if all the files are OK:
- tex/context/patterns/lang-ru.hyp
- tex/context/patterns/lang-ru.pat
- new version of tex/context/base/lang-ctx.tex, has to include:

\installlanguage [\s!ru] [\s!mapping=t2a,\s!encoding=t2a]

(If you didn't get the files right, get them from a temporary location
http://pub.mojca.org/tex/russian/lang-ru.zip)

2. I don't know when this is needed and when not, but it might be that
you have to copy cont-usr.ori to cont-usr.tex and uncomment the
following line:

    \installlanguage [\s!ru] [\c!state=\v!start] % russian

(before I did that I couldn't make the Slovenian hyphenation work)

3. run mktexlsr (or I-forgot-the-synonym/other-command-if-this-doesn't-work)

4. [texmfstart] texexec --make --all
> after "texmfstart texexec --make --all" I have
> ConTeXt  ver: 2006.07.24 10:49  fmt: 2006.7.27  int: english  mes: english
> Is it right?

It's surely better than in one of the posts that you sent before this
one ;) "fmt:" has to bear the date when you ran "texmfstart texexec
--make --all". If that is older, the format file wasn't written to the
right place.

You seem to use Ubuntu. I don't know how things are configured there,
but I had numerous problems under MikTeX. The reason was that "texexec
--make --all" didn't have any influence there since a whole lot of
environmental variables were missing (the standalone distribution
doesn't have those problems).

In general I would suggest you to put the content of
scripts/context/stubs/unix to some "visible place", so that "texexec"
will execute "texmfstart texexec", you can surely google a bit for it,
there was also a discussion about installation on Ubuntu recently on
the mailing list.

5. Here's what I did to get antykwa torunska (if you don't have it you
can download it from here:
http://www.janusz.nowacki.strefa.pl/torunska-e.html):

\enableregime[utf]
\mainlanguage[ru]
\definetypeface [russian]
  [rm] [serif] [antykwa-torunska] [default] [encoding=t2a]
\setupbodyfont[russian]

(for computer modern it should be similar, but you need more than one
line to set it properly; however if you managed to make it work
already, your old file should already be OK)

I hope that you'll find some hint in this,
    Mojca