Taco sez:
> Sanjoy sez:
> > The figure searching code gets confused if a file of the same
> > basename (but in a different directory) has already been loaded.

> I remember I ran into that as well (more than a year ago) and I
> ended up renaming my figures to figure1-1.pdf etc. It actually
> turned out to be easier for me, because that way I could use the
> figure filename as the reference.

Good idea, thanks.

I might also integrate the figures (they're all MetaPost) into the
.tex source, what I couldn't do in (e)plain TeX.  I expect I'll have a
few questions after I try that :-) The MetaFun manual already told me
the answer to one of them: how to have common settings and macros
across all the MetaPost figures (\startMPinclusions).

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.