Let's say I have the following project structure

project.tex
  env.tex
  product1.tex
   component1.tex
   component2.tex
  product2.tex

Here, really, the whole project generates a single pdf at the end.

Now, when working on component1, I would run
  $ texmfstart texexec project.tex

Should I rather run texexec on product1.tex or component1.tex? Or maybe use texmfstart in some other way?

I am wondering about this because
1. Perter says
    > Only components and products should be compiled.
2. When compiling projects that include MPgraphics, I have to run that texmfstart line
    above twice to see changes to MPgraphics in my pdf. I thought that one idea behind
    texexec is that it takes care of all incantations, like "make" in programming.

Cheers,
Boris.

On 8/14/06, Peter Münster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Derek Schmidt wrote:

> The .tuo file for the _product_ file shows the files being loaded.
> Compiling the _project_ file yields no .tuo. My product file does
> indeed look like what you wrote.

Hello Derek,
it's not intended to compile the project file. It should contain only
common setups for all products.
Only components and products should be compiled.
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/