Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>> It seems that startalignment[middle] does not like long lines.
>>Consider the following example (not strictly minimal, but I can not
>>get such a marginal case with default setup).

I get the same actual line breaks in both cases, but I wager the
problem is that the 'normal space width' is not equal to the
\spaceskip value that is used inside the alignment.

This in turn is caused by the 'natural' space of the times font
is 1/4 of an em, not 1/3. Try adding

   \def\raggedspaceamount{0.25em}

to your setup and see if that is more to your liking.

Cheers, taco