Hi,

To me it should not be necessary to define odd and even layouts for your
purposes. (Of course I stand corrected!)

If you choose \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] the page
layout is swapped automatically.
For the realisation of the titles sticking into the "margin" one should
be able to use \setuphead[section,subsection][command=...]

This would look then like this:

\setuplayout
    [backspace=2cm,
    leftmargin=5cm,
    rightmargin=7cm]

\setupnarrower[left=3cm]
\setuphead[section,subsection][after={\startnarrower[left]}]

\showframe
\starttext
\section{Hello}
\setuphead[section][before=\stopnarrower]
    \input knuth \par
\subsection{Sub Hello}
\setuphead[subsection][before=\stopnarrower]
     \input tufte \par
\dorecurse{4}{
    \section{Hello}
         \input knuth \endgraf
    \subsection{Sub Hello}
         \input tufte \endgraf}
\stoptext

I admit, this is not yet working correctly, but I can't find the key at
the moment ;-)

Willi