Hi,

I just run into the problem, that \strutheight is lower than the height
of some german umlauts (ÄÖÜ).

% -----
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\mainlanguage[german]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext
\showstruts

\def\FOO#1{\framed[frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=green]{#1\strut}}

\hbox{\FOO{AOU}\FOO{ÄÖÜ}}

\stoptext
% -----

Is this intended (and if so, why)?

I need this for several boxes with a mp overlay as background and
centered text. The height of the boxes is equal, so all text should be
placed on the same baseline. Currently I box the text and set the height
manually to \strutheight. But a more "global" solution would be prefered.
Should I define my own gfx strut or just add one of those umlauts to
\setfontstrut or ...? Dunno what is the best solution.

Greetings, Peter