Hi guys,

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>

>>Dear all (and esp. Taco),
>>Maybe a bit of background, and please tell me if you think this is a
>>stupid idea: every term, I have to prepare lists of references for my
>>several classes, and there usually is a lot of repetition and
>>overlap. So I'm dreaming of having one big bibtex database and
>>producing the lists via assorted \nocite commands. But i usually
>>split up these bibliographies into several sections, and I want all
>>items numbered in sequence, so I have in my source:

This should work except that the numbers in the second
\placepublications will probably restart at 1 with the
current version.  That would be easy to fix, so if you
send me a small test file I can easily add a no-reset
switch.

> I do not know anything about feasibility, but have a suggestion for
> the input syntax. How about if there is
>
> \definecitemethod[one]
> \definecitemethod[two]

I have to think about that. It sounds useful, but I am not
sure off-hand how to make it work.

Cheers,
Taco