Johan Sandblom wrote:
> Good point, in the actual case there were two columns, a name and a
> number. The reason for using the table is align the name to the left
> and the number to the right. So a more realistic example is something
> like
>
> \starttext
> \bTABLE
> \setupTABLE[c][1][align=right]
> \setupTABLE[c][2][align=left]
> \dorecurse{10}{
>   \bTR\bTD foo\eTD\bTD 123\eTD\eTR
>   \bTR\bTD b  \eTD\bTD 123456\eTD\eTR}
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext

So there is no need to split that table. I would suggest to only
rearrange it a bit for your column layout. Also TABLE is not the best
choise here (I'm no table expert, but I think table is better here).

%\SetTableToWidth\hsize
\starttable[|l|r|l|r|]
\dorecurse{10}{%
  \VL foo \NC 123 \VL[2] b   \NC 12345 \VL\AR}
\stoptable

For more details about table see
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table

HTH, Peter