Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Considering the fact that I have no answer for the thread
> "[NTG-context] Presentation style: customizing the right interaction
> menu (list-related thread)", I decided to reformulate my problem...
>
> After some experiments, I have the following code:
>
> \definehead [Topic]   [chapter]
> \definehead [Subject] [section]
>
> \setuplist[Topic][alternative=f,criterium=all,align=left]
> \setuplist[Subject][alternative=f,criterium=chapter,align=left]
>
> \starttext
>
> \Topic{Topic 1}
> \Subject{Subject 1}
> \Subject{Subject 2}
> \Subject{Subject 3}
>
> \placelist[Topic,Subject]
>
> \Topic{Topic 2}
> \Subject{Subject 1}
> \Subject{Subject 2}
> \Subject{Subject 3}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Considering the fact that I use criterium=chapter in
> \setuplist[Subject], I thought that \placelist[Topic,Subject] leads to:
>
> Topic 1
> Subject 1
> Subject 2
> Subject 3
> Topic 2
>
> but unfortunately, that's not the case and I don't understand why...
> I've also tried some setup with combinedlist but nothing works...
> Could someone explain why criterium as no effect... Moreover, I don't
> understand what coupling= on|off does...
maybe future version of context will provide more control; for the moment,
stick to:

\definehead [Topic]   [chapter]
\definehead [Subject] [section]

\newcounter\MyTopicCounter

\startsetups MyTopicList
    \blank
    \doglobal\increment\MyTopicCounter
    \doglobal\newcounter\MySubjectCounter
    \placelist[Topic][criterium=text,after=\setups{MySubjectList}]
\stopsetups
\startsetups MySubjectList
    \doglobal\increment\MySubjectCounter
    \doifelse{\MyTopicCounter}{\MySubjectCounter} {
        \placelist[Subject]
    } {
        % whatever
    }
\stopsetups

\starttext

\Topic{first}  \Subject{one}   test \Subject{two}  test \setups[MyTopicList]
\page
\Topic{second} \Subject{alpha} test \Subject{beta} test \setups[MyTopicList]
\page