On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>> However, there seems to be a bug, sometimes the color spills across
>> the type boundary.
>>
> the problem is that we cannot mess around too much with egroup
> because otherwise we get into problems with alignments (which have
> their own idea about these things

I understand that this is one of the more tricky things in TeX. Right
now, Mojca's workaround of adding a space after the comand works most
of the time. If there is a punctuations after the type+...+ one does
not want a space between the type and the punctuation. \unskip and
friends make the output look alright, but with a horrible looking
source.

I hope that lua will make doing these things a bit easier.

Aditya