Hello,

my attempt to get correct French spacing before punctuation does no more
work with the latest ConTeXt-beta.
Is there now a new method with pdfTeX-1.40 to get automatically the good
spacing?

Today I try it like this (without success):

%%% module t-french.tex %%%

\def\activateSomeCharacters{%
  \defineactivecharacter « {\leftguillemot\,}%  does not work
  \defineactivecharacter » {\,\rightguillemot}% with utf-encoding
%
%  \defineactivecharacter ; {\,\lettersemicolon}%   does not work
%
  \defineactivecharacter ? {\,\letterquestionmark}%    does not work with
  \defineactivecharacter : {\,\lettercolon}%             project/product
  \defineactivecharacter ! {\,\letterexclamationmark}}%    structure

\startlanguagespecifics[fr]
  \activateSomeCharacters
  \setupitemize[symbol=2]
  \lccode`\'=`\'
\stoplanguagespecifics

\mainlanguage[fr]

\appendtoks\activateSomeCharacters\to\everystarttext

Greetings, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/