On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> I just noticed a bug with the type mechanism. It breaks down the
>> kerning for ---. Minimal example:
>>
>> \definetype[typeTEX][option=tex]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \typeTEX|\example|. this---breaks---down.
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Any workarounds?
>>

> taco, is \noligatures global? i.e. how do we turn on ligatures then?
>

> \def\verbatimfont{\redoconvertfont\dosetfontattribute{\currenttypingclass\currenttyping}\c!style\normalnoligatures\font}%

Adding \verbatimfont to mktype seems to do the trick.

\unprotect
\def\mktype#1% was \dotype
   {\bgroup
    \verbatimfont%<----------Added
    \resumecoloraftergroup % a problem is that we can still be in color
mode, tricky hack
    \strut % new, enables leading space in \type { abc } at par start
    \let\currenttypingclass\??ty
    \edef\currenttyping{#1}%
    \catcode`\<=\@@other
    \catcode`\>=\@@other
    \futurelet\next\dodotype}
\protect

\setuptype[option=TEX]
\definetype[typeTEX][option=tex]

\starttext
\type{\example}. this---breaks---down.

\typeTEX{\example}. this---breaks---down.

\stoptext

Aditya