Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

>>There is no other way. If you strangeness as a result from this,
>>then it is a bug in the footnote handling that is (should be)
>>unrelated to the bibliography module.
>
> Ok. As for the strange things happening I was able to hunt them down
> and prepare a simple example (still with the standard \startquotation):

We are looking into this. All footnotes in vertical mode are
behaving oddly.

>>>2. When typesetting a quotation block I'd like to add a reference
>>>directly after the closing quotation marks. However, including the
>>>\cite command before \stopquotation places the reference before the
>>>closing marks, and moving \cite out of the \start \stop block makes
>>>the reference appear on a new line ...
>>
>>The next solution is a bit rude, but works:
>
> I tried that one but ran into several problems unfortunately. If
> \cite inserts anything but a tiny string these words won't be wrapped
> properly onto a new line. Also if I replace \cite[#1] by \footnote
> {\cite[#1]} then there will be no footnote at all :-(

The missing linebreak is probably realted to the problem as in the
other thread, so you just have to wait a little bit longer, until that
is fixed for this problem to magically go away as well.

The disappearing footnote may be unfixable within \startquotation. It
would be easier to define your own start-stop pair for this, because
\startquotation ... \stopquotation doesn't actually support tacking on
stuff at the end. Try this instead:

   \long\def\startcitedquotation[#1]#2\stopcitedquotation
       {\bgroup \par
        \startnarrower
          \symbol[leftquotation]%
          #2\removeunwantedspaces