On 12/27/06, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> > I might have missed the point completely, but do you set the file
> > encoding anywhere, such as \enableregime[cp1251] (= windows-1251)
> > anywhere? I didn't try your examples, but unless you set this
> > somewhere cyrilic glyphs unlikely to work properly.
>
> Thank you, Mojca.
>
> No, I didn't set the encoding and let me explain why.
>
> When I put \enableregime[cp1251] (I use that very encoding) at the top of my
> script, the output represents transliterated text (all Cyrillic glyphs are
> replaced with corresponding Latin letters). I didn't consider it strange
> until you pointed that to me. Here the .log file of the 'transliterated'

That's "normal". The problems is that you didn't specify the proper
encoding of your font, so TeX doesn't know that your font is cyrillic.

\font\myfirstfont=t2a-n021003l
\myfirstfont

is a plain TeX command, you have to use a ConTeXt command for that.

This is a way to go then:

\starttypescript [map] [timescyr] [t2a]
  \loadmapfile [\typescriptthree-urw-timescyr.map]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [timescyr] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Serif] [...]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [timescyr] [t2a]
  \definefontsynonym [...] [\typescriptthree-progbot]
[encoding=\typescriptthree]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [t2a]
  \definetypeface [...] [rm] [serif] [timescyr] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
\stoptypescript

That's only a rought sketch. If you don't get any further using the
existing documentation and wiki, and if nobody else is willing to
help, I can try to complete the definitions if you ask again, but
someone is willing to do that instead ... I won't object.

(Although I suspect that there is a shorter way to tell to TeX which
encoding is being used for a specific font.)

Mojca