On 2007-01-02, at 22:00.0, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2006-12-31 um 15:59 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
>> I need to insert a few Unicode symbols...(Just the symbols for the
>> solar system planets)... Is this going to be easy - doable inside
>> ConTeXt with a few preparatory mystic runes, or will it require
>> running scripts, moving files around, etc...?
>>
>> The wiki suggests:
>>
>> Use \enableregime[utf] in order to be able to typeset in unicode
>> under ConTeXt.
>>
>> But is it as simple as it looks?
>
> Have a deeper look at the wiki:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Symbols
> http://homepage.mac.com/atl/tex/
> http://source.contextgarden.net/symb-uni.tex
>
> Of course you need the fonts containing the symbols in place...

Thanks! I'm looking for a level 1 solution (ie one that doesn't
require me to go into the Terminal and start typing commands and
moving files). Adam's document was interesting but looked a bit too
daunting - a level 2 solution. Nothing wrong with that, just that
I've got to find the time and skill to do it.

The symbol set reference was great - the planet symbols are
accessible in:

\usesymbols[mvs]
\showsymbolset[astronomic]

so I may not have to go to a unicode-font at all.

I just wish there was some way of accessing all the standard fonts
and symbols that are already a few millimetres away on the hard
disk... :-)

thanks again!