On Friday 05 January 2007 12:04, Peter Münster wrote:
> I can get hanging but no hz (no difference between 2nd and 3rd page).
>
> What is needed to get hz?

This answer is not definitive but based only on my own experiences.

1) I was unable to get hz in some fonts.  If I haven't missed anything
relevant in extracting this from a large document, the following
fragment gives me hz (and hanging/handling) in NimbusRomNo9L:

\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][handling][normal]
\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hz][highquality]
\setupalign[hanging,hz]
\usetypescript[adobekb][\defaultencoding]
\usetypescript[serif][postscript,courier,helvetica,times]
[\defaultencoding,name]
\setupbodyfont[Serif,13pt]

2) As hz is sometimes not obvious when viewed, I check the fonts in the
resulting PDF to see if any are extended.  Most PDF viewers list the
fonts under File/Properties or similar or you can "pdffonts foo.pdf"
at the command line.

--Mike Bird