On Jan 25, 2007, at 13:48, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 1/24/07, Hans van der Meer wrote:
>>
>> I did the update to ConTeXt 2006-01-18 but almost regret that
>> decision as an
>> old problem seems to surface again. Typesetting a file that has
>> not failed
>> me with an august2006 version now crashes.

>> \startuseMPgraphic{taalengels}{width,height,gap}
>> label.ulft(textext("\tts 66\%~"), (bs + 27 * u, baseline + 660 * bt +
>> dotsize/2));
>
> I don't know how to solve the problem you describe, but you can
> circumvent it by replacing
>     textext("\tts 66\%~")
> by
>     \sometxt{\tts 66\%~}
> It will also run much faster and more efficient.
>
> Mojca

Thanks. This helps, allthough I need to use \textext instead of
\sometxt.
The reason being that the picture returned in \textext is processed
further by the homemade Labelmacro for placement which I use for
global color settings of various elements of the drawing.
My confusion was with MetaFun's textext macro and TeX's \textext (and
\sometext) macro.

met vriendelijke groet
Hans van der Meer