On Jan 26, 2007, at 15:32, Hans van der Meer wrote:

On Jan 26, 2007, at 14:57, Hans van der Meer wrote:

Earlier this could be used to put some text centered on the line:

\startframedtext[middle][frame=off,background=]
\type{ABCDE}\crlf
\type{ABCDE}
\stopframedtext

Now, the "middle" doesn't seem to have any effect, the contents is put to the left side of the printing area. Has there been a change in behaviour of \startframedtext or has a bug crept in?

I have experimented somewhat further. In a clean context as the above example standalone it seems to work fine, apart frm now needing a "width=fit" parameter. In a more complex environment, where I not yet succeeded to pinpoint the relevant circumstances, it appears that the \type statement forces the line to extend over the full width of the line.
This follows from changing \type{} to {\tt }.
That's strange, because \type is advertised as for in-line text.

I hesistate however to make this change, because I hav used \setuptype to get uniform behaviour over the whole document.
Is there someone who has an idea what might causing the difference?

Aha, salvation!
Remembered the panacee for so many of these linesize problems, the mysterious "\dontleavehmode" and it did the trick. However, this seems to indicate that indeed something has changed? One of the gurus knows what?

Hans van der Meer