With the help of details.pdf, I have managed to define edgefigures
that use the margin and goes into the text and if it is wide enough
(criterium=xxx) becomes a normal figure. Is it possible to make an
even wider figure use both the textwidth and the margin? I have tried
to illustrate what I want below, a figure is placed as f1 until
criterium is met, then it is placed like f2, and I would like to know
how to achieve f3. It is not necessary that it is called the same
thing and automatic, they are easily identified before. Regards, Johan

  aaaaaaaa bbbbbbbb
  aaaaaaaa  f2f2f2
f1f1 aaaaa  f2f2f2
f1f1 aaaaa bbbbbbbb