On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, plink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when testing the small example from the tikz manual, I got this
> ... module tikz not found

You need to install the tikz module. Download tikz from the
sourceforge website or CTAN, and unzip it in a temporary directory.
Then you need to correct the directory structure to conform to TDS.
There are some instructions in the tikz manual.

You will also need to install xkeyval, in case your installation does
not have it.

> error, texexec stopping with undefined \tikzstyle.

Since tikz module is not found, these will be missing.

> On a fresh debian installation, that is.

ConTeXt compatibility was added recently (4-5 months ago). I do not
know whether debian stable has it or not. Maybe first you should try
to update the tex installation using debian methods (I do not know
those).

Aditya