Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 2/21/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm struggling against framed text and is beaten again.
>>
>> If the text below doesn't fit the page, it goes below footer and stops pdf
>> file without explanations. After many experiments I should note that frame
>> text is not user-tolerant construction at all, unlike the whole Context is.
>> :(
>>

> Hans should probably answer the framed-tet related question. I was
> also a bit disappointed last time when I figured out that framedtext

framed just takes a box and boxes don't break

try to imagine how to implement breaking across pages with backgrounds ... als
try to figure out (without looking at the source) how the text background
mechanism works ... it may turn you rdisappointment into amazement on how a 25
year old tex can still keep up with it

> doesn't support breaking along pages. But then I discovered an
> alternative:
>
> \setupbackground[frame=on,rulethickness=0.7pt,corner=round,bodyfont=11pt,width=\textwidth]
>
> \startbackground
> \stopbackground

dependin gon usage, this mechanism also provides background behind parts  of
paragraphs, nested backgrounds, arbitrary mp backgrounds, etc