On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:15:04 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to enable the grid with the \definelayout command. This seems
> to be not possible and can only be done with the \setuplayout command.
>
> The reason is that I set up the layout in one of my modules with a own
> setup command and the current setup option is choosen by a keyword, e.g.
> \setupmymodule[firstpage][..,..=..,..] creates \definelayout[firstpage]
> with the comma seperated list between the second brackets.
>
> Is it there something build in that im unable to find and if not is it
> possible to include this, because I try to avoid adding another option
> that is neccessary to enable/disable the grid.
>
> Wolfgang

It tried to solve the problem and came to the following solution.
After changing the following line from the \dorecalculatelayout macro
in page-lay.tex it got what I wanted.

before: \doifelse\@@lygrid\v!yes\gridsnappingtrue\gridsnappingfalse
after:  \doifelse{\layoutparameter\c!grid}\v!yes\gridsnappingtrue

Hans, can this be done also in the main files, I made a few tests and I
saw now problems in their results.

Wolfgang