On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, nicola wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm pretty new to ConTeXt, so please bear with me if the following has
> already been asked (I have not found any answer in the archives, though).
>
> My goal is to use an arbitrary text font together with the Euler math
> font. I am able to use a few combinations in ConTeXt, e.g. Palatino with
> Euler, without problems. But when I switch to XeConTeXt (to use my
> system's fonts), some Euler's math accents do not show up properly
> (\hat) or not at all (\acute, \grave, \bar, \breve, \dot, \ddot, \tilde,
> \check).

AFAIU, Euler does not have these accents. They are pulled from the
text font. That is a bit tricky because different text encodings have
accents at different locations. Right now, there is only suport for ec
and texnansi. You can try to add support for uc encoding by telling
ConTeXt about location of accents in uc encoding. Look at the code at
the end of math-eul.tex

Aditya

> I guess the problem is the different encoding (and possibly the use of
> virtual fonts), but I know that Euler works in XeTeX: is it possible to
> make it work in XeConTeXt? Below you find my sample code.
>
> Nicola
>
> %!TEX TS-program = XeConTeXt
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> \definetypeface[Charis][rm][Xserif][Charis SIL][default][encoding=uc]
> \definetypeface[Doulos][rm][Xserif][Doulos SIL][default][encoding=uc]
> \definetypeface[Gentium][rm][Xserif][Gentium][default][encoding=uc]
>
> \definetypeface[Charis][mm][math][euler][euler] % encoding???
> \definetypeface[Doulos][mm][math][euler][euler]
> \definetypeface[Gentium][mm][math][euler][euler]
>
> \startbuffer
> Unicode text works fine here, but formulas do not:
> \startformula
> \breve x^n + \bar y^n = \hat z^n.
> \stopformula
> \stopbuffer
>
> \starttext
> \switchtobodyfont[Charis] \getbuffer
> \switchtobodyfont[Doulos] \getbuffer
> \switchtobodyfont[Gentium] \getbuffer
> \showmathcharacters
> \stoptext
> \end

Aditya Mahajan | EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam | Ph: 734.262.4008