2007/3/28, Johannes Kuester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

It seems linetable would do just what I need (at least I get rid of the
strut / unwanted vertical spacing problem, so I do get a grid-keeping
table), but:

Is there a way to use linetable in two-column mode?
(i.e. the consecutive lines of my table should be set just like normal
text would in two-column mode).

Currently linetable just streches over the whole textwidth, as it adds
white space between columns.

Johannes

%%%%%%%%%%

In my previous example below, using

  \setuplinetable[n=4]

  \setuplinetable[c][1]   [width=6mm]
  \setuplinetable[c][2]   [width=5mm]
  \setuplinetable[c][3]   [width=51mm]
  \setuplinetable[c][4]   [width=1mm]

and then startlinetable / stoplinetable instead of start/stoptabulate
works fine for the vertical spacing problem.

>> %%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> \setuplayout[grid=yes]
>>
>> \showgrid
>> \showstruts
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \input tufte

\starttabulate[|p(.1\textwidth)|p(.1\textwidth)|p(.5\textwidth)|p(.2\textwidth)|]%

--
Johannes Kuester
typoma

Hi Johannes,

a short example to play for you. The important things are the stretch and
the lines key in \setuplinetable. You should also look at the end of
core-ltb,
it contains a few interresting examples.

\setuplinetable[stretch=yes,lines=fit]

\starttext

\startcolumns

\startlinetable
\dorecurse{80}{\NC Text \NC Text \NC\NR}
\stoplinetable

\stopcolumns

\stoptext

Wolfgang