Hi,

again, I've been through this a couple of days ago so I'm happy to
share my experience with you ;-)

For me the problem was not having installed ImageMagick in the first
place. But judging from your log this doesn't seem to be the problem.

Let me think ... perhaps your glitch might be related to a funny
thing I stumbled upon: including a PDF figure with \externalfigure
resulted in a crazy distortion of the image although I didn't specify
any height or width arguments (i.e. I didn't override its natural
dimensions)... Hans, Mojca, do you have any ideas? I'm going to send
a test file tomorrow ...

Best,
Oliver