On Monday 14 May 2007 19:11, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> > (to me) informational messages spewed forth by texexec, in
> > particular the long list of font scripts repeated sometimes 8 or
> > 9 times.
>
> Did you try \preloadtypescripts?
>
> See
> <http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060622.163313.d4c08e11.
>en.html>
>
> Patrick

If I put it after other font statements it has no effect, If I put it
first ahead of the font statements the run has missing font errors.
Possibly  I am using a defective typescript file.

Here is the error message:
! Font \*MyCharter7ptrmslrm*:=8r-bchr8a-slanted-167 at 7.0pt not
loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
And here is the typescript file:
% Charter (Bitstream)
\usetypescriptfile[type-buy]

\starttypescript [serif] [charter] [8r]
  \definefontsynonym [Charter-Roman]      [bchr8r]  [encoding=8r]
  \definefontsynonym [Charter-Italic]     [bchri8r] [encoding=8r]
  \definefontsynonym [Charter-Bold]       [bchb8r]  [encoding=8r]
  \definefontsynonym [Charter-BoldItalic] [bchbi8r] [encoding=8r]
  \definefontsynonym [Charter-Slanted]    [bchro8r]  [encoding=8r]
  \definefontsynonym [Charter-BoldSlanted][bchbo8r]  [encoding=8r]
%  \definefontsynonym [Charter-Roman-Caps] [bchr8r-capitalized-800]
[encoding=8r]
\stoptypescript
%
\starttypescript [serif] [charter] [name]
\usetypescript[serif][fallback]
  \definefontsynonym [Serif]      [Charter-Roman]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic][Charter-Italic]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]   [Charter-Bold]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [Charter-BoldItalic]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted] [Charter-Slanted]
  \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted][Charter-BoldSlanted]
%  \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps] [Charter-Roman-Caps]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [Charter]
\definetypeface [MyCharter] [rm] [serif] [charter] [default]
[encoding=8r]
\stoptypescript

But this error does not occur if I don't use the \preloadtypescripts
command.

Any hints?

John C.