BTW:

Do you have some news for TOC fine-tuning? (see below)

Steffen

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:28:51 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

fine-tuning a TOC is horrible when you have a lot of tables and
figures in a larger project: you have to wait and wait and wait
…

Could you also provide a comparable solution like the one below
(for the placeregister), please?

Something like …

\completecontent[file=testtest]

>>> it is kind of tricky since lists can be combined ... will think of
it (careful hack)

Is there some news? Just a quick-and-dirty hack for today will do ...

> i gave it a try a few weeks ago, but since we have lists and combined
list i need to figure out what to do (in order not to break things)
i will add this feature when i have a bit more time, just remind me
as a quick hack you can patch
\unprotect
\def\dodoplacecombinedlist[#1][#2]%
 {\dobeginoflist
  \dosetuplist[#1][#2]%
  \doutilities{listentries,#1}\jobname{#1}\relax\par
  \doendoflist}

\protect
just change \jobname to {somename.tuo}