Hi,

hz justification brings better results, sometimes (most paragraphs don't
change), but the entire typesetting is generally slow down with hz almost by
factor 2.
Thus I'd like to have a a kind of "partial hz" that I can use on selected
paragraphs only.

I hoped it should work like this:

\startfonthandling [stpure]
  \defineprotrudefactor endash 0 0.25
  \defineprotrudefactor hyphen 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor / 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor , 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor . 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor : 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor ; 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor - 0 0.5
  \defineprotrudefactor quotedblleft 0 0.25
\stopfonthandling
\definefonthandling [stpure]              [stpure]
[type=hanging]
definefonthandling [sthighquality]     [hz,stpure]
\setupfonthandling [hz] [min=20,max=20,step=5]
\setupfontsynonym [Serif] [handling=sthighquality]
\setupfontsynonym [SerifBold] [handling=sthighquality]
\setupfontsynonym [SerifSlanted] [handling=sthighquality]
\setupfontsynonym [SerifItalic] [handling=sthighquality]
\setupfontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted] [handling=sthighquality]
\setupfontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [handling=sthighquality]

\usetypescript[postscript][\defaultencoding]
\setupbodyfont[postscript,10pt]

\setupalign[block,hanging]

... and chosen paragraphs I'd wrap with a ...

\setupalign[block,hanging,hz]

But this doesn't make any improvement in speed.
The only relevant change seems to be
definefonthandling [sthighquality]     [hz,stpure]
 When this is changed to
definefonthandling [sthighquality]     [stpure]
then typesetting speeds up, of course.

But this gives me no choice between main text without and selected paragraphs
with hz...

Any ideas?

Steffen